This project is read-only.

Compliments and Suggestions

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:18 PM

I just wanted to quickly commend you on a great little app.  The moment I heard about it, I didn't hesitate it to put it on my box.  It's so much cleaner and unobtrusive than a sidebar widget.

I'm not sure if this is the place to do this, or if you would be receptive to suggestions from the community, but I thought I'd try anyways.  Because I have no programing experience, I am not sure what would be required to do this, but maybe there could be a way to add to the tooltip of each meter the ability to display the top 1, 3 or 5 processes consuming the resources.  It may be completely useless, and too much work for something you're not getting paid for.  I do, however, think it would be a great addition to the application as it stands.

I appreciate you reading this, and possibly even considering it.  And again, thanks for this app, it's fantastic!

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2009 at 2:57 AM

Thanks, glad you like it!

That's actually something I wanted to add. I spent some time looking into it this evening, but it's more difficult than I anticipated (I'll spare you the details). I do plan on ironing it out eventually.

Jeff

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2009 at 7:58 PM

I looked into this last night and will have to put it off for a while. While the native Taskbar API provides a lot of functionality, not all of it is exposed via the current managed wrappers (i.e. the way .NET developers access them). I could add this functionality now, but it would be hack-y, wouldn't' provide a good user experience and, most importantly, the code would be nasty. Since the primary purpose of the app is to provide a a simple sample for .NET developers to reference, I need to make sure the source is simple as well.

Thanks again for the feedback and hopefully a later revision to Microsoft's .NET wrappers will make this possible.

Jeff