This project is read-only.

Is this supposed to work for Windows 10, too?

Aug 26, 2016 at 1:26 PM
Unless I'm doing something wrong, this does not seem to work for the Windows 10 task bar. Are there plans to update this set of applications for Windows 10? Or does anyone reading this have a suggestion for similar software that works in Windows 10?
Sep 3, 2016 at 7:18 AM
Edited Sep 3, 2016 at 7:19 AM
Unfortunately, I think this project is dead. I had asked to update for Windows 8 and never heard anything. For Windows 8 and Windows 10 I have to use the Windows Task Manager. The last time I used the Taskbar Meters was with Windows 7. I loved them and unfortunately I haven't found anything else equivalent. I messed around with Rainmeter but it is a resource hog and still isn't as convenient and useful as the Taskbar Meters.
Sep 3, 2016 at 10:06 AM
Ok, that's bad news but thanks anyway for delivering them!
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2016 at 2:49 PM
Folks, apologies for taking so long to fix this. Finally took a few minutes to look at it and the problem was a native Windows call to hide the config windows from Vista's Flip 3D. Apparently Microsoft changed something under the covers in the Windows 8 timeframe that caused the call to fail.

I just uploaded v1.1.1, which should work just fine.
Sep 10, 2016 at 2:57 PM
Edited Sep 10, 2016 at 3:02 PM
Wow that's awesome news Jeffrey. I can give it a spin on Windows 10. No longer have Windows 8 or 8.1.

Update; Works great on Windows 10
Sep 10, 2016 at 3:09 PM
There is one minor thing. On Windows 10 the taskbar icons aren't quite square. If you move the mouse over them, they show a square. But otherwise the actually plot is not quite as wide as it probably should be to match the other Windows 10 icons.
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2016 at 3:28 PM
You'll have to blame Microsoft for that one. :)

Windows allows applications to update a few aspects of their taskbar buttons, two of which are used by these apps: The "state" (Normal, Pause, Error, etc.), which determines the color (green, yellow, red, respectively), and the "progress value", which is number that represents a percentage between 0-100%. Windows takes that information and draws the taskbar itself (thankfully!).

Here's the magic:
        public void SetTaskBarStatus(int value)
        {
            if (value < 0)
            {
                value = 0;
            }
            else if (value > 100)
            {
                value = 100;
            }

var state = TaskbarProgressBarState.Normal;

if (value > _settings.Yellow)
            {
                state = value < _settings.Red ? TaskbarProgressBarState.Paused : TaskbarProgressBarState.Error;
            }

TaskbarManager.Instance.SetProgressState(state);
            TaskbarManager.Instance.SetProgressValue(value, 100);
        }